www.CoreNetworkZ.com: How to Fix Acer Aspire Laptop Random Freezing Issues?
By Alex George on 15 September 2019.
I have been using an Acer Aspire Laptop for one year, and the major problem I am experiencing is its occasional freezing. I am using Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 bit on it.
Due to its random freezes, I cannot rely on this Acer Aspire Laptop for my work presentations and coding.
If it gets stuck in the middle of a work, mouse and keyboard stop responding. Even the keyboard combination [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] don’t work.
I need to press the power button to restart the device.
When I searched on the Internet, I am not alone with this problem. A lot of people complain about the random freezing issues with Acer Aspire ES1 laptops.
I have written this tutorial based on my troubleshooting steps on Acer Aspire Laptop to find out the reasons for its sudden hanging and the fix.
Why Do Acer Aspire Laptops Freezes Randomly?
I could not find a straight answer to this question. Some users report their Acer laptop freeze while charging and cannot unfreeze using a keyboard or mouse.
Some users face this problem only when running high-end applications like computer games and Photoshop.
In my analysis, My Acer Aspire ES1 Laptop freezing has a connection with Windows 10 updates.
Another chance is the use of the Google Chome browser. While opening more tabs on Chrome, I noticed the CPU usage touches 100%.
With 100 percent CPU usage, we can expect overheating issues. Overheat will freeze any laptops.
Each Acer Aspire Laptops must have a different reason for the unexpected freeze.
If you are experiencing frequent unexplained system crashes on your Acer Aspire Laptop, I suggest you go through the troubleshooting guide prepared below.
How to Fix Acer Aspire Laptop Freezing Issues?
I am sure this troubleshooting guide covers most of the Acer Aspire Random system crash reasons.
1. Make Sure the Acer Aspire has the Latest Windows Version
The first step to resolving sudden freezing problems with your Acer Laptop is to Update your Windows version.
- Check the System tray at the right-hand bottom of the screen for Windows update warning.
- Click on it to download the missing Windows update on your Acer Aspire Laptop.
2. Check The Task Manager For CPU Usage
- Press [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [Esc] buttons together
- Right Click on the process with higher CPU usage and kill it.
You can see how much CPU resources the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry process takes.
- Less CPU usage means fewer chances of overheating.
3. View Reliability History
Reliability Monitor on your Acer Aspire Windows 10 notebook will show the details of your recent system failures.
- Type Reliability Monitor on Windows 10 Search and click on View Reliability History.
- Reliability Monitor will review the reliability and problem history of your Acer Aspire Laptop.
- Click on the red cross symbols to review the reasons for the Acer Aspire Failure
4. Open Acer Care Center
Acer Care Center is a beautiful and handy Application to detect any critical issues with your laptop.
- Type Acer Care Center on Windows 10 search and click to open it
- This App will show any critical issues in your notebook.
- Click the Checkup to test the status of the Hard Disk Drive, Battery, and the network connection.
5. Check for Malware Infection
Virus infection on your Acer Aspire Notebook can cause an unexplained system hanging. You should run Windows Defender or any reputed AntiVirus software to test possible malware infections.
6. Check Acer Aspire Primary Memory Problems
By using the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool, you can test the RAM modules for possible problems in your Acer Aspire Laptop.
- Type Windows Memory Diagnostic on Windows Search and click to open it.
- Click on Restart Now and Check for problems to run the tool
To run this default Windows tool, follow the instructions provided in the link below.
7. Remove Dust Particles and Solve Overheating problems
Please note that if you open the cabinet, Acer may revoke your warranty.
You should clean your Acer Aspire Laptop by removing dust particles using compressed air.
Make sure there is enough space for airflow to remove internal heat from your device while working.
Acer has a different series of laptops. Acer SF series does not have freezing issues reported compared to the ES1 series. SF series includes various models like Acer SF714-51T, SF514, SF515, SF314.
Another series starts with Acer SP513, SP515, SP314, SP111, Acer SW312-31-P946, A715, etc.
If you ever face automatic rebooting issues, follow the instructions provided in the link below.
They have high performing desktop version called Aspire Z3 All-in-One Desktop – AZ3-700-UR11 and Predator Triton 700 Gaming Laptop – PT715-51-732Q.
- What is Hard Disk S.M.A.R.T Command Failed Error?
- How to Do Port Forwarding On Cox WiFi Modem?
- How to Resolve Destination Port Unreachable?
The above troubleshooting steps for the Aspire ES series for system hanging can apply to the Acer SF714 and the rest of the models.