Unic Press UK: A senior spokesman for the General Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces, Brigadier-General Abolfazl Shekarchi, says the United States should nip in the bud any plans of a military attack on Iran, warning Washington that any bullet fired at the Islamic Republic would trigger a retaliatory attack 10 times greater.
Speaking during an interview, Shekarchi said:
“Threat for threat means that if the enemy fires a single bullet at us, it will receive 10 bullets and have to pay a heavy cost. A military mistake from the enemy, particularly from the US and its regional allies, will be tantamount to firing at a powder keg on which are the US and its interests, and it will set the region ablaze and burn up the US, its interests, and its allies,” the Tasnim News Agency reports.
Last week, precisely Thursday, Iran shot down a U.S. RQ-4 Global Hawk surveillance drone near Kouh-e Mobarak region in the central district of the Jask County of Iran’s Hormozgan province.
The relations between the U.S. and Iran steeply nosedived since May 8, 2018 when the U.S. government withdrew from the Iran nuclear deal – also known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, (JCPOA) – and imposed another round of U.S. sanctions against Iran.