Unic Press UK: Bayern Munich have won the 2019/20 Champions League, with a goal scored by Man of the Match, Kingsley Coman, in the 59th-minute.
With this victory, “Bayern claim their sixth European crown with a 100%”, Uefa wrote on its website.
🗣 Hansi #Flick: "Ein Riesendank geht an das ganze Team. Es gibt so viele Menschen, die hier mitgeholfen haben, das gehört denen allen. Dass die Mannschaft heute nochmal diesen Weg gegangen ist einfach konsequent."
— CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 🏆 (@FCBayern) August 23, 2020
- Bayern have won all 11 UEFA Champions League games this season, setting a new competition record for consecutive victories.
- The German champions finished the campaign with 43 goals; 18 more than any other side in the competition. Coman’s goal was their 500th in the UEFA Champions League, group stage to final.
- Coman’s 59th-minute strike was the latest opening goal in a UEFA Champions League final since Mario Mandžukić’s 60th-minute opener for Bayern in 2013 – a game they went on to win 2-1.
- Coman is the first Frenchman to score the winner in a UEFA Champions League final since Zinédine Zidane in 2002.
- Paris failed to score for the first time in 35 UEFA Champions League matches; the last time they drew a blank in a UEFA Champions League game was April 2016 vs Man. City