Unic Press UK: Her Majesty The Queen says she’s pleased that a constructive and supportive way for her grandson Harry and his family has been reached.
“Following many months of conversations and more recent discussions, I am pleased that together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family. Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family. I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life. I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family. It is my whole family’s hope that today’s agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life,” reads the Statement from HM The Queen.
This new arrangement, which follows the decision by the Duke/Duchess of Sussex to step back from the Royal duties, includes that:
- The Sussexes step back from Royal duties, including official military appointments.
- The Duke/Duchess of Sussex will no longer receive public funds for Royal duties.
- Harry and Meghan will retain/maintain their private patronages and associations.
- The Duke of Sussex, Prince Harry and The Duchess of Sussex, Princess Meghan will no longer formally represent The Queen.
- The Sussexes will have to repay the Sovereign Grant expenditure for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage – their UK family home.
A statement from Her Majesty The Queen.https://t.co/ZAPC5ARUup
— The Royal Family (@RoyalFamily) January 18, 2020