Log In

Xenophobia: President Ramaphosa Apologises Over Deadly Attack On Nigerians

Unic Press UK: The South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa has issued an apology to the Nigerian government after a series of violent against Nigerians by the people of South Africa recently.

Speaking to journalists after a visiting the Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, the South African Minister of Energy, Jeff Radebe said:

“I’m a special envoy of President Ramaphosa, together with Dr Kulumbata, who is a Special Adviser to President Ramaphosa. We met a short while ago with His Excellency President Buhari, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, to convey our President Ramaphosa’s sincerest apologies about the incidents that have recently transpired in South Africa. Those incidents do not represent what we stand for as a constitutional democracy in South Africa and the President has apologised for these incidents and he has also instructed law enforcement agencies to leave no stone unturned that those involved must be brought to book so that the rule of law must prevail in South Africa,” the Voice of Nigeria reports.

The visit of the special envoys follows a wave of riots – causing bodily harm, trauma and death of at least 10 people – between the last week of August and early September as some criminals of South African origin pursue a vile agenda aimed at forcing foreign nationals, mainly of the African bloc, to leave.

Theses violent attacks are not new as there have been similar deadly attacks in the past, including the violence in 2008/2015.

It has been estimated that circa 3.6 million migrants live in South Africa. “About 70% of foreigners in South Africa come from neighbouring Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Lesotho. The remaining 30% is made up of people from Malawi, UK, Namibia, eSwatini, previously known as Swaziland, India and other countries,” the BBC reports, making a reference to a spokesperson for South Africa’s national statistics body.

Please follow and like us:
Tagged under

Leave a Reply

English Premier league table (live)

# Team MP W D L F A G P
1 Liverpool 26 25 1 0 61 15 +46 76
2 Manchester City 27 18 3 6 68 29 +39 57
3 Leicester City 27 15 5 7 54 27 +27 50
4 Chelsea 27 13 5 9 45 37 +8 44
5 Tottenham Hotspur 27 11 7 9 44 36 +8 40
6 Sheffield United 27 10 10 7 29 25 +4 40
7 Manchester United 26 10 8 8 38 29 +9 38