Unic Press UK: Thursday, the richest man in Africa and founder of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, visited a former military president and retired army general, Ibrahim Babangida, in Minna, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported.
The business leviathan Aliko Dangote was in Minna, the capital city of Niger state, for the launching of a ₦250 million micro grant to 25,000 vulnerable women in Minna, a brainchild of the Aliko Dangote Foundation.
The duo, Dangote and Babangida, held closed-door meeting for circa sixty minutes.
About Aliko Dangote
According to Forbes’ report on 17 May 2018:
- Aliko Dangote, the CEO of Dangote Group, had a real time net worth of $13.2 billion as of 17 May 2018.
- Dangote is Africa’s richest man. He founded and chairs Dangote Cement, the continent’s largest cement producer.
- He owns nearly 88% of publicly-traded Dangote Cement through a holding company.
- Dangote Cement produces 44 million metric tons annually and plans to increase its output 33% by 2020.
- Dangote also owns stakes in publicly-traded salt, sugar and flour manufacturing companies.