Unic Press UK: The Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC), a subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), would be the leading exploration and production company in Nigeria in a matter of time.
The NNPC Group Managing Director Maikanti Baru, who spoke Wednesday on the sidelines of the 18th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of NPDC in Benin City, expressed satisfaction with the processes being undertaken to achieve the production target of the NPDC. He said: “It’s encouraging and the company is on a growth path and its processes and procedures fully in line to ensure that it delivers on its mandate set by NNPC.”
The NPDC was established in 1988. It began operations from the Oredo field. It is one of the upstream subsidiaries of the NNPC. The company is rated among the top four exploration and production companies in Nigeria, and currently the largest local supplier of domestic gas to industries in the country.
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation is Nigeria’s state oil corporation, which was established on April 1, 1977. Its activities encompass oil exploration and production, gas development, refining, distribution, petrochemicals, engineering, and commercial investments. The NNPC has subsidiary companies, including:
- National Engineering and Technical Company Limited (NETCO)
- The Products and Pipelines Marketing Company (PPMC)
- Kaduna Refinery and Petrochemical Co. Limited (KRPC)
- Warri Refinery and Petrochemical Co. Limited (WRPC)
- Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC)
- Hydrocarbon Services Nigeria Limited (HYSON)
- Port Harcourt Refining Co. Limited (PHRC)
- Integrated Data Services Limited (IDSL)
- The Nigerian Gas Company (NGC)
- NNPC Retail
- Duke Oil