Unic Press UK: The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) says it has inked a contract with a consortium of indigenous and Chinese companies under a 100 per cent contractor financing model for engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and financing for Lot 1 & Lot 3 of the 40 inch x 614 km Ajaokuta – Kaduna – Kano gas pipeline and stations.
Lot 1, 40 inch x 200 km, stretching from Ajaokuta to Abuja Terminal Gas Station was awarded to the OilServe/Oando Consortium.
Lot 3, 40 inch x 221 km, which would span through Kaduna Terminal Gas Station (TGS) to Kano TGS, was awarded to the Brentex/China Petroleum Pipeline Bureau (CPP) Consortium. The contract papers would be executed in a few weeks’.
Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Maikanti Baru, said the AKK Gas pipeline would facilitate between the East, West and North, which is currently non-existent.
The process for the award of the AKK gas pipeline project was initiated on July 2013 via the publication of Invitation To Tender (ITT) by the NNPC. On December 2017, the contract valued at over $2.8 billion was approved by the Federal Executive Council.
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation is Nigeria’s state oil corporation, which was established on April 1, 1977. Its activities encompass oil exploration and production, gas development, refining, distribution, petrochemicals, engineering, and commercial investments. The NNPC has subsidiary companies, including:
- National Engineering and Technical Company Limited (NETCO)
- The Products and Pipelines Marketing Company (PPMC)
- Kaduna Refinery and Petrochemical Co. Limited (KRPC)
- Warri Refinery and Petrochemical Co. Limited (WRPC)
- Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC)
- Hydrocarbon Services Nigeria Limited (HYSON)
- Port Harcourt Refining Co. Limited (PHRC)
- Integrated Data Services Limited (IDSL)
- The Nigerian Gas Company (NGC)
- NNPC Retail
- Duke Oil