Unic Press UK: The press release ‘APC, The Greatest Threat To National Security And Unity’, which was issued on 14th September 2017 by Martin Onovo – the 2015 presidential candidate of the National Conscience Party (NCP).
As patriots, we have exercised utmost restraint in our interrogation of the APC led Federal Government of Nigeria. This is to ensure that:
- Governance is not adversely affected.
- There is no unintended damage to the polity.
- We maintain collaborative relationships with any ‘compatriots’ in APC.
This approach may need to change as it has become even more obvious that the APC is unpatriotically committed to the final destruction of our great country Nigeria. To deliberately destroy Nigeria, all the pillars that hold up the Nigerian State are under a ferocious attack by the APC viz;
- National security is under attack with the massacre of unarmed Shiites in Kaduna; the tacit support for terrorist herdsmen; the bombing of hapless IDPs in their camp; the mass murder of IPOB protesters and the deliberate attempt to provoke a national crisis using the ‘Operation Python Dance II’ in the Southeast. We must not forget the unchecked genocide in Southern Kaduna.
- National unity is under attack with the well documented audacious nepotism and discrimination of the APC led government. These have become obvious in federal appointments and the locations of approved federal projects.
- The ‘Rule of law’ is under attack with the intimidation of the judiciary; the violation of court orders and the lawless disregard of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Public morality is under attack with the elaborate false propaganda; organized deceit and corruption of our national values which are clearly enshrined in our Constitution.
- The Nigerian economy has been destroyed by the wastefulness, corruption and incompetence of the current government. Current public debt is ₦19.6 Trillion. Inflation remains very high. Unemployment is a time bomb and our Naira has lost 40% of its value under this government.
As politicians, we know that when a devious and unpatriotic government fails in governance, it creates a crisis to distract and cover its failures. All ethical patriots know that this is the worst government since independence as was documented many months ago by the brilliant Dr. Femi Aribisala, Ph.D (Oxford). We must not allow this government to create a crisis to distract and cover its catastrophic failure. It may be obvious that the APC is the greatest threat to national security and national unity.
We call on all Nigerians to pray and persevere as we shall survive this attack by the unpatriotic APC government if we show restraint. We must restrain ourselves from retaliation as that will serve the purpose of the enemies of Nigeria called APC.
The ‘Operation Python Dance II’ is unjustifiable. We call on the dysfunctional APC led government to immediately discontinue the ‘Operation Python Dance II’ and face the serious national security threats posed by Boko Haram, terrorist herdsmen and rising crime. Otherwise, we will take all constitutional, international and lawful political actions to protect the sovereignty of the Nigerian people from the deceitful and divisive dictatorship of the APC.
Chief Martin Onovo, a public figure and eminent consulting engineer. He was the 2015 Presidential Candidate of the National Conscience Party (NCP)