Unic Press UK: In the early hours of today, circa 00:21 hrs, the Police responded to a call relating to a terror incident in Finsbury Park. One person has been confirmed dead. Several others have minor/major injuries.
What we know
- Emergency services were called at circa 00:20 hrs after a vehicle collided with pedestrians in Finsbury Park, London, in what seems to be a terror incident.
- The vehicle hit several people outside the Muslim Welfare House, near the Finsbury Park Mosque.
- The Police said: “The driver of the van – a man aged 48 – was found detained by members of public at the scene and then arrested by police in connection with the incident.”
- The terror incident occurred at the time when Muslim faithfuls break their fast during the ‘holy’ month of Ramadan.
- The Police reached the scene at circa 00:21 hrs.
- There were a number of casualties. One person was pronounced dead at the scene; and at least 8 people were injured.
- There is an ongoing investigation by our Counter Terrorism Command to establish why this attack was carried out.
Police has requested that anyone with information about this incident should reach its office on 0800 789 321. Anonymous callers should contact the Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.